Senior Political Officers
Australian High Commission
Job Description / Responsibility
- Agency: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Position number :
- Classification: LE6
- Section: Political & Security Section
- Reports to (title): Second Secretary, Political & Security Section
- About the Position:
- The Political Officer provides support and backup to the Political & Security Section in a range of ways, including in preparing reports on developments in Bangladesh, preparing for and hosting visitors and supporting the section by providing administrative services.
- The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Report on, and liaise with, the Bangladesh Government, Bangladesh Parliament, MPs, think tanks and NGOs on all matters concerning Bangladesh domestic politics and parliamentary affairs, focusing on issues of interest to Australia.
- Undertake research and analysis to contribute to policy development.
- Report on Bangladesh positions and, in consultation with the Second Secretary (Political), advocate Australian Government policy on counter-terrorism and other aspects of security cooperation. Liaise with Bangladesh on cooperation with Australia on these issues.
- Report on Bangladesh positions and, in consultation with the Second Secretary (Political), advocate Australian Government policy on South Asia.
- Undertake security liaison between relevant Australian authorities and their counterparts in Bangladesh.
- Support major events/functions, liaise with Visits/Events teams and in liaison with Executive and Visits Section assist in the management of visits to Bangladesh by ministers and senior officials.
- The Australian High Commission is seeking to fill a Senior Political Officer position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. As team members of the High Commission, they will be responsible to support the Political and Security section in a range of directions.
Additional Job Requirements
- High-level written and oral communication skills
- Sound research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of key political and security issues in Bangladesh
- Initiative, judgment, flexibility and the ability to priorities tasks independently in a high-pressure, unpredictable environment
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a small team, respond effectively to challenges and work with people from different cultural, religious and other backgrounds
- An attractive remuneration package, including salary (starting at BDT 132,425), will be negotiated with the successful applicant, depending upon relevant experience and qualifications.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Published on: Jul 17, 2016
Job Nature: Full-time
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: Tk. 132425
Application Deadline: Jul 24, 2016
– A CV of no more than 3 pages including details of three referees. All referees must have had direct experience of quality of the applicant’s work and his/her competencies. One of the referees must be the current, direct supervisor.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly mention ‘Application for Senior Political Officer’ in the subject line.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
The Australian High Commission is an equal opportunity employer and the selection will be based on merit.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline : Jul 24, 2016